How Much Does a Whole Home Remodel Cost in Sarasota?
Whole home remodels require a lot of planning, including good budgeting. If you’re thinking about remodeling your whole home in Sarasota, knowing about how much you can expect to spend can help you decide whether this is a realistic project for you at this time. While the following estimates are meant to be helpful as you move forward with your home improvement goals, it’s just as important to get a quote from a reputable contractor in your area. Every home remodel is different, so get an in-person estimate from an expert.
Cost of a Whole Home Remodel
Whole home remodels in Sarasota generally cost between $40,000 and $60,000. Looking at the breakdown of the cost to remodel various rooms in Sarasota, remodeling your whole-home is much more efficient than remodeling room by room. While a homeowner might pay $20,000 for a midrange bathroom remodel, they are likely to pay only three times that to remodel their entire home.
Factors that Affect Cost
There are many factors that can affect cost the cost of your home remodel project, including:
- Scope of the project. Some home remodels are purely cosmetic, other remodels require the full replacement of various systems. This affects the cost.
- Material quality. Some materials are high-end and costly, others are more affordable. One thing to consider when trying to decide whether to save on material quality is that high-quality materials often last much longer than low-end materials.
- Contractor charges. Every contractor charges a different amount. Homeowners who want to save may have to shop around quite a bit to find the right contractor at the right price.
Ways to Save
Home remodels, even whole home remodels, can be made more affordable if you’re able to put effort into the prep process. The following tips will help you save on the cost of your home remodel.
- Start planning in advance. Planning in advance will enable you to buy materials when they’re on sale or even on clearance, which will save you money in the long run.
- Shop around for the right contractor. Shopping around for the right contractor is very important. By meeting with multiple contractors about your home improvement project, you can find the best contractor who is available for an affordable price.
- Make a list of must-haves versus nice-to-haves. Knowing what must get done in your home improvement project can help you prioritize, so you can cut out parts of your home improvement project that aren’t necessary to achieve your objective.
Finally, remember that saving money isn’t the top-priority when you’re remodeling your entire home. It’s important to hire the best contractor for the job, even if they’re not the cheapest contractor available. A good contractor will help you by doing the job right and by improving the value of your home with your completed home improvement project.
Contact Your Contractor in Sarasota
Before starting with a whole-home remodel, contact your contractor in Sarasota. At Gilbert Design Build, we help homeowners like you to plan their home improvement projects, so call today to make an appointment.